Preventing the spread of nutrition-related diseases is a public health priority and a driving force for innovation in the agri-food sector. ITERG is involved in both these aspects as an active partner in public health research programmes, and as a research centre developing fats and oils with innovative nutritional properties.
• Measuring biomarkers
• Preventing cardiovascular disease through nutrition
• Determining oxidative status
• Enzymatic activity
• Analytical testing of lipid constituents in biological samples
Trials on animal models
• Nutritional studies
• Bioavailability studies
• Measuring digestibility and tracing of fatty acids in the lymphatic system
• Analytical diagnosis : omega 3, vitamin E, trans fatty acids, oxidized products, lipase activity
• Regulatory context : Afssa and ‘Novel food’ application dossiers, nutritional claims, nutritional labelling...
• Science watch : nutrition surveys, epidemiological data, Recommended Nutritional Intake
• Customer support : advice and technical support, training, nutritional audits
• Agri-food industry
• Pharmaceutical industry