Webinar "Oilseeds: Potential of processing to improve protein autonomy", May 16, 2023
On the morning of May 16, 2023, a free webinar entitled "Oilseeds: potential of processing to improve protein autonomy" will be held.
Speakers: Terres Inovia, ITERG
Time: 10-12 am
Public: technicians, advisors, industrialists and journalists
Oilseeds are valorized through the crushing process which generates two valuable co-products: vegetable oil and protein-rich meal. This webinar presents this transformation process, its impacts on the quality of the products (illustration with rapeseed), in particular on proteins, and the current research directions.
- Analysis of the context of oilseed crushing
- Presentation of the R&D tool on oilseed processing in collaboration with Terres Inovia-ITERG
- Effect of technological itineraries on glucosinolates and protein solubility
- Glucosinolate analysis method ITERG
- Cooking tests and effect on glucosinolates and protein solubility
This webinar is part of a series of four 2-hour webinars dedicated to downstream value-added and seed processing:
- Session 1 - Oilseeds: Potential of transformation processes to improve protein autonomy
- Session 2 - Soybeans and sunflowers: Potential of transformation processes to improve protein autonomy
- Session 3 - Animal feed: High protein meal expellers for monogastric animals
- Session 4 - Pulses: from seed quality to consumer